Friday, September 24, 2010

Week 9

I am sorry but this will be short. I leave tomorrow (Wednesday, Sept. 22) at 6:00 a.m. to go to Salt Lake City South Mission. I am excited to get out and to get to work although I have much still to learn, I have learned a ton here in the MTC and am looking forward to putting into practice the things I’ve learned and learning in new situations. Something that one of my teachers told me (Hermano Gooodrum) that I really liked is he said, “You are going to Salt Lake for a reason. You are maybe being sent there to learn something that the mission in Villahermosa needs. Learn how to turn Villahermosa into Salt Lake City.” I am going to work hard to learn all that I can and apply it when I get to Mexico.

It is really weird leaving the MTC. In a lot of ways it is a lot like leaving to come into the MTC. I’ve had to say good-bye to three of my amazing teachers for the last time, and two elders in my District (The Bolivian elders got transferred to Atlanta), and tonight I will have to say good-bye to all the other elders here and my teacher. As I’ve said good bye I’ve realized this will be very much how my whole mission is. I will get very close to and love the people and the area and then have to change. The thing that’s good though is that there are people everywhere to love, and in every area anywhere in the world, there are many who need to hear the Gospel.

I love you all and will try to tell you more when I know more soon.

Love,
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment