Saturday, September 18, 2010

Week 8

Hey Guys- So we've heard where Brad will be serving temporarily until he can get his visa into Mexico. Brad will be serving in Salt Lake City, UT. He seems very excited to head out on this next step of his mission, and we know he will do great wherever he is! I don't know what his new address will be there yet, but I will post it as soon as I know. Thanks for the support!
Chelsea

Hello everyone. I hope that all of your weeks have gone great. My week here in the mtc has been another amazing week, and i actually have some news of things that have been different finally. The mtc has basically stayed relatively the same. I have news considering where I am going to be serving. I found out in the middle of last week that there were 44 out of about 130 Elders trying to go to mexico who had their permisos (letter saying their visas will be coming in a few weeks), I am not one of those 44 Elders so my name along with the rest of my district and Villahermosa Elders have been resubmitted the the First Presidency to get a new temporary assignment. I will serve somewhere in the United States until I get my visa and i am guessing, though i have no idea, that I will be there for about one transfer or 6 weeks, but it could be much shorter or much longer, but i will willing go to where ever i am called, and know that that is the place where I am supposed to be and where the Lord wants me. I am excited about the transfer and think taht it will be a blessing for me. I think it is a good intermediary inbetween the mtc and mexico ha.

This week is our teaching week. That means that this week we have to teach 35 lessons. That may not seem liek too many lessons but when combined with an hour of class, 3 hours of study, 2 or 3 for eating, one hour for gym, and then usually some sort of meeting or devotional or both, that it a very packed schedule. We have our whole week booked up with appointments with different elders and sisters. We had to schedule all of our with missionaries from other zones too so i dont know any of them really too well unless our calssed had taught them before. It has been great so far and the spanish is really coming along. i feel pretty comfortable teaching most priciples, especially everything in the first lesson, but obviously there are still a lot of things i can do better and i cant say everything the way i want, but am excited for when i can.

I am very sorry that i dont have time for a long message today but i will just share a quick one of my go to messages about our life here. Our life here is to follow our savior. Todaay is a great day, and it always is because we have a savior jesus christ who suffered for us and took our sins so that we could be happy and through his gospel we can all live together as families with our heavenly father and the savior forever in a state of eternal joy!

I love you all and wish you the best over this next week, i will let you know where i go tonight or tomorrow

love,

Elder smith

No comments:

Post a Comment